As you likely already know, your metabolism plays a large role in determining how many calories you’ll burn each and every day. By speeding up the performance of your metabolism, you’ll be able to burn calories and fat faster than ever before.
There are tons of foods out there that can help you speed up your metabolism to some degree and they all work exceptionally well.
So, what would happen if you combined all of these into a single diet plan? You would get the 13 day metabolism diet.
I’ve had readers contact us with stories of them shredding up to 4kgs by just following this diet for 13 days. *read the comments section below.
Here’s the diet plan to get you started.
- Breakfast – cup of caffeinated coffee (no milk, cream or sugar)
- Lunch – 2 organic boiled eggs and fresh cooked spinach (no limit on caloric intake)
- Dinner – 1 lean grilled steak
- Breakfast – Cup of caffeinated coffee (no milk, cream or sugar) and 1 slice of whole wheat bread (with or without low-fat butter)
- Lunch – 200 Grams of ham
- Dinner – Salad (cucumber and lettuce only), grilled lean steak and fruit
- Breakfast – Cup caffeinated coffee (no sugar, milk or cream) and 1 slice of whole wheat bread (with or without low-fat butter)
- Lunch – 2 organic boiled eggs, green beams and tomato salad
- Dinner – Salad (lettuce and cucumbers only) and 1 slice of ham
- Breakfast – Cup of caffeinated coffee (no sugar, cream or milk) and 1 slice of whole wheat bread (with or without low-fat butter)
- Lunch – Raw or cook carrots (with or without low-fat cheese)
- Dinner – Plain or natural yogurt and fruit salad (a mixture of fruits)
- Breakfast – Cup caffeinated coffee (no cream, milk or sugar) raw or cooked carrots (with or without lemon)
- Lunch – Grilled with fish and raw sliced tomato
- Dinner – Salad and 1 grilled steak
- Breakfast – Cup of coffee (no cream, milk or sugar) and 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- Lunch – 200 grams of grilled chicken (skinned)
- Dinner – 2 organic boiled eggs and carrots
Day 7 will provide you with the freedom to pick and choose. Just do not get too greedy, because you have several more days ahead. Enjoy day 7. It is only going to get harder from here on out.
- Breakfast – Enjoy a glass of lemon tea
- Lunch – Chow down on some fruit and a grilled steak
- Dinner – Enjoy anything you want, even if it is not on the list! CHEAT DAY!
Day 8 is very similar to the days before yesterday. Brace yourself for the hunger pains, because you’ll probably feel like you’re pretty hungry at this point. Hang in there though.
- Breakfast – Drink a black coffee with as much sugar as you prefer
- Lunch – Enjoy 2 boiled eggs with a little bit of cooked spinach
- Dinner – Finish the day with a juicy, 200-gram grilled steak
For day 9, you’ll be able to enjoy some delicious ham at the end of the day. You’ll also enjoy a large lunch. You’re on the down slide, but you have a few more days to go. Hang in there!
- Breakfast – Eat a piece of buttered whole wheat bread and drink a black coffee
- Lunch – Enjoy a piece of grilled steak and a green salad
- Dinner – For dinner, enjoy a 200-gram Ham
As day 10 arrives on the 13 day diet, you’ll probably feel pretty hungry. Do not worry, because day 10 brings a bit of a reprieve. Today you’ll be able to eat a lot more than you usually do.
- Breakfast – Start the day with a black coffee and a piece of buttered whole wheat break
- Lunch – You can have a big lunch of green beans, a tomato salad, and two boiled eggs
- Dinner – Finish the day with ham and green salad. The salad should consist of cucumber and lettuce only
- Breakfast – Have a black coffee with a buttered piece of whole wheat bread
- Lunch – Have carrots. They can be cooked or raw and add cheese
- Dinner – Enjoy a delicious fruit salad with natural yogurt
Day 12 And 13
On day 12 and 13, you’ll begin to notice extreme changes in your body. You’re not finished yet though. You’ve got two more days to go! This is where you need to dig deep and use every bit of determination you have left.
- Breakfast – For breakfast, you should have a piece of buttered whole wheat bread and black coffee
- Lunch – Enjoy a piece of tomato along with grilled skinned chicken
- Dinner – Finish the day with 2 boiled eggs and carrots
What Is The 13 Day Diet?
First and foremost, you should better familiarize yourself with the 13 day diet plan, A.K.A The 13 day metabolism diet. As the name suggests, this diet plan lasts 13 days. Unlike other diets, the 13 day diet tells you exactly what to eat during the dieting period, so there will be no guessing.
When starting the 13 day diet, you will need to avoid:
- Cooking oil
- Salad dressing
- Chewing gum
You should also avoid any and all foods that are not listed on the plan. Please also remember to drink plenty of water during the 13 day period.
Is The 13 Day Diet Healthy And Should You Try It?
There is a good chance that the 13 day diet will help you lose weight. However, you must think about how healthy the diet really is. The diet forces you to lose a significant amount of weight in a short period, and that may not be safe. On average, it is recommended that you should only lose 1kg or 1.5kg each week. So, should you give it a try? Well, the 13 day diet can work, but it is somewhat risky.
On top of that, there is a chance that you’ll gain the weight back after the 13 days have elapsed. Therefore, it might be best to choose a diet that is much safer like this highly recommended 30 day diet plan written by a qualified dietitian.
Have you tried the 13 day diet? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments section below!
*As always, please make sure you talk to your Dr before trying this diet or any other diet.