If you are struggling with your weight you have probably tried a variety of weight loss programs with little to no success. The reason most diet plans do not work is because they leave dieters feeling weak and hungry.
However, what if you could eat all you wanted and still lose weight
Well, that is exactly what the Banting diet plan has to offer, plus so much more. You might be surprised to learn there are a variety of foods available in the Banting green list that you can indulge on, until you are completely full or even overstuffed and you will never gain weight.
The best part about the Banting Green list foods is they are not expensive. They are very accessible, even if you live in a rural or urban area. In fact, they are just your average vegetables, fruits, high protein and high fat foods that you can find at almost any grocery store.
The Full Banting Green List
Remember, the rules go like this. Eat as much as you want from the Banting Green List, monitor amount of food you eat from the Banting Orange list and STAY AWAY from all foods in the Red List. In this article I will only cover the Banting Green List.
- Natural and cured meats (pancetta, parma ham, coppa etc)
- Natural and cured sausages (salami etc)
- All meats including poultry and game
- All seafood (except tilefish and swordfish- due to high mercury content)
- All offal
- All vegetables that grow above the ground and are brown (just not butternut)
- All green leafy vegetables (spinach, lettuces , cabbage)
- Artichoke hearts
- Brussel sprouts
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
- Cheese – firm, natural, full-fat, aged cheeses (not processed)
- Avocado oil
- Mayonnaise, full fat only (not from seeds oils)
- Coconut oil
- Any rendered animal fat
- Macadamia oil
- Duck fat
- Hard cheeses
- Full-cream milk
- Cream cheese
- Full-cream Greek yoghurt
- Cottage cheese
- Soft cheeses
Seeds and Nuts
- Pine nuts
- Pecan nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Macadamia nuts
Flavorings and Condiments
Stay away from all flavorings and Condiments that contain sugar.
- Xylitol granules
- Erythritol granules
- Stevia powder
That should cover all food allowed on the Banting Green List. If you think I missed a food type or if you are unsure of a food item, please feel free to comment below, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Are bananas good for Banting? No, bananas is a fruit that is high in fructose which is not allowed on the Banting diet. Along with other fruits such as mangoes, grapes and other dried fruits that have a high concentrate of fructose.
Can I eat dairy on the Banting Diet? Yes, dairy such as full cream cheese, yogurt and full cream milk is allowed on the diet. Just make sure there is no added sugar, and stay away from “fat free” or low fat options.
Can I eat oats or Quinoa while Banting? No, the diet is a no grains diet therefore oats and Quinoa is not allowed.
Is coffee allowed on Banting? Yes, coffee is allowed. However make sure you don’t add any sugar and stick to full cream milk options.
Can I eat pop-corn or any maize while Banting? Well it depends. If you are prone to putting on weight easily it is best to avoid maize all together, even though corn is gluten free.
Is pasta good for Banting? Hell NO, unless it’s a carbohydrate free option you should stay away from pasta completely.
Is brown rice banting friendly? No, brown rice or any rice should be hardly ever eaten while being on the diet because of it’s high carbohydrate content. Remeber, this is a low carb diet.
Are potatoes good for Banting? In small quantities. Potatoes fall in the Banting orange list so you should limit it as much as possible.
Can you drink wine while Banting? Yes, wine has very little carbs which makes it ok to drink while being on the diet. Just stay away from other high sugary alcoholic drinks.
Is rye bread banting friendly? No! All types of breads should not be eaten while being on the diet.
Can you eat ice-cream when Banting? Seriously?! Of-course not. Anything that has sugar should not be touched.
The Benefits Of This Amazing Diet Plan
Not only will this diet plan have you shedding kgs in as little as a few days, but also there are a variety of other benefits you will receive in the process. For instance, while on this plan you will be able to achieve more effective sleeping patterns, better blood pressure management and reversal of type II diabetes and irritable bowl syndrome.
In addition to this, the diet plan can provide you with more energy, better athletic performance, less heartburn, more mental clarity and less achy bones and joints.
What Beginners Need To Know About This Diet Plan
As a beginner, there are several things you need to be aware of. For instance, throughout the different stages of the diet plan, you will be allowed to consume a variety of fruits. However, you need to be careful when consuming fruits, because they are packed with fructose, which is very similar to sugar. While the sugar in fruit is considered “good sugar,” it is still sugar and needs to be monitored carefully.
The revolutionary diet plan is divided into four unique phases, including observation, restoration, transformation and preservation. However, to reach and complete each phase, dieters must follow the plan to a tee. The phases actually help dieters see their results, so they know the diet plan is really working.
- Observation – This phase basically involves the introductory process, as it allows the Banting dieter to become familiar with the diet plan. During this phase, you will become accustomed to your new lifestyle and the foods you are eating. Try sticking to only food that can be found in the Banting green list.
- Restoration – During this phase, your body will begin to utilize the nutrients and vitamins found in the approved foods to prepare for the transformation phase.
- Transformation – During this phase, your body will begin to transform into an energized, healthier and more physical being. This generally occurs after 10 days.
- Preservation – Once you reach this phase, you will be fully prepared to take whatever life has to throw at you. This is where you can slowly introduce foods in the Banting orange list.